3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep 2000, PN55453
See the the how to video here.
- Removes grease, oil, dirt, brake dust and tape residue from wheels
- Cleans without leaving residue and prepares the wheel surface for taped wheel weight application
- Comes in an easy to use spray bottle for convenient application
- Supplied with a Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Pad for difficult to remove dirt
- Increases productivity and reduces the amount of cleaning solution required
- Provides improved wheel weight adhesion performance
- Designed to replace brake cleaners and other solvents typically used for wheel cleaning
- Tire balance is achieved with correctly located and attached weights
- Proven application and product technology in production at multiple OEMs and tire balancers
3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep is a self-contained cleaning system available in a 16 ounce spray bottle, and includes a 3M Scotch-Brite Cleaning Pad for more difficult to clean wheels.
Effective Cleaning for Long-Term Adhesion
Improve the adhesion of wheel weights by cleaning the wheel surface with 3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep prior to installation. Our specialty cleaning product helps remove the dirt, grime and residue that could cause adhesion problems later. Rely on this deep-cleaning formula to penetrate dirt for effective and thorough removal. Our spray bottle makes it easy to apply a targeted application of cleaner. Each bottle of spray is accompanied by a 3M Scotch-Brite pad for removing more difficult to clean contaminants.
Directions for Use:
Contamination from dust or fluids, such as a tire lube, will adversely affect tape performance. Before the 3M Wheel Weight can be applied, the application area of the wheel must be cleaned using 3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep or another equivalent cleaner.
2. Spray the wheel rim surface with the solution and wait for a moment before wiping the wheel to allow the cleaner time to penetrate and loosen the grease or dirt.
3. Use the supplied 3M Scotch-Brite pad to loosen any remaining difficult to remove dirt.
4. After the wheel rim has been sprayed and scrubbed, wipe away the residue with a clean cloth.
5. Remove the liner from the cut 3M Wheel Weight material, being careful not to touch or contaminate the adhesive. Liner removal should immediately precede weight placement to minimize the potential of contaminating the uncovered adhesive surface
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. For example, perishable goods that have a expiration date, such as Xtra Seal and some 3M Brand products.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 7700 N 68th Ave, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 7700 N 68th Ave, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Orders Greater than $75 have free shipping within the continental United States.
All parts orders are shipped via UPS or USPS unless otherwise indicated within 48 hours to all areas of the United States. As a small business, we only ship Monday through Friday.
Next Day and 2-Day orders can normally be shipped out same day if order is placed before 2:00pm CST.
Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air (both UPS) are the only services with guaranteed ship time. Ground services by UPS and USPS are give estimated transit times only.
For estimated transit times on UPS ground shipments please view the UPS Ground Transit Map.
There is a shipping calculator located on our shopping cart page. To estimate shipping cost, add an item to the cart, then view your shopping cart to access the calculator.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.