3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep 2000, PN55453
See the the how to video here.
- Removes grease, oil, dirt, brake dust and tape residue from wheels
- Cleans without leaving residue and prepares the wheel surface for taped wheel weight application
- Comes in an easy to use spray bottle for convenient application
- Supplied with a Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Pad for difficult to remove dirt
- Increases productivity and reduces the amount of cleaning solution required
- Provides improved wheel weight adhesion performance
- Designed to replace brake cleaners and other solvents typically used for wheel cleaning
- Tire balance is achieved with correctly located and attached weights
- Proven application and product technology in production at multiple OEMs and tire balancers
3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep is a self-contained cleaning system available in a 16 ounce spray bottle, and includes a 3M Scotch-Brite Cleaning Pad for more difficult to clean wheels.
Effective Cleaning for Long-Term Adhesion
Improve the adhesion of wheel weights by cleaning the wheel surface with 3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep prior to installation. Our specialty cleaning product helps remove the dirt, grime and residue that could cause adhesion problems later. Rely on this deep-cleaning formula to penetrate dirt for effective and thorough removal. Our spray bottle makes it easy to apply a targeted application of cleaner. Each bottle of spray is accompanied by a 3M Scotch-Brite pad for removing more difficult to clean contaminants.
Directions for Use:
Contamination from dust or fluids, such as a tire lube, will adversely affect tape performance. Before the 3M Wheel Weight can be applied, the application area of the wheel must be cleaned using 3M Wheel Weight Surface Prep or another equivalent cleaner.
2. Spray the wheel rim surface with the solution and wait for a moment before wiping the wheel to allow the cleaner time to penetrate and loosen the grease or dirt.
3. Use the supplied 3M Scotch-Brite pad to loosen any remaining difficult to remove dirt.
4. After the wheel rim has been sprayed and scrubbed, wipe away the residue with a clean cloth.
5. Remove the liner from the cut 3M Wheel Weight material, being careful not to touch or contaminate the adhesive. Liner removal should immediately precede weight placement to minimize the potential of contaminating the uncovered adhesive surface
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.